Tuesday 11 December 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes



OK, I admit.... I took out the Elheim Patrolling Infantry Section with every intention of lopping their heads off.  Only, I find myself quite absent mindedly placing them into arrowhead formation on the dining table. And in that moment an image is conjured up of a modern production of Shakespeare, set in 1979. Well if they can do it to Coriolanus...


Result, I decided to re-role my remaining CP Models (TQD Castings) 1/72 British Army Falklands War SAS into Shakespearean military rebels with new heads taken from various Liberation Miniatures.



And then to Platoon 20. Here's 'Big Man', a serious Glaswegian player for the coming 'Scottish Play'. Which reminds me to order the figs tonight. His original head, wearing glasses, is now on the advancing SLR armed civvie in the background.

Back to the production line.....

Cheers
Mark

4 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea. You Sir possess a noble madness, Coriolanus was a magnificent film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou....Thankyou.... takes bow!

      LOL!

      Mark

      Delete
  2. I seem to recall a 'modern' Macbeth film made in the late 90's set in a post-apocalypse/civil war Scotland. All SLRs, quads and Uzis. These certainly look the part, from what I can recall of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The true genesis of Winter of '79 was a Schools Television production of Julius Caesar when I was a schoolboy back in the early seventies. It had men in suits and military brass uniforms interspersed with film of BAOR on maneouvres. I still remember the scene of the Wessexs landing and disgourging troops on rust coloured smoke......

      Cheers
      Mark

      Delete